Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 71, Issue 8

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 71, Issue 8
From: Πάνος Δαλάκος <pdala@tee.gr>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:34:36 +0200
SM7VZX wrote
Is any of you who are using CG-3000 AT
(http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/cg_3000.htm) for matching Inv L, upp
tp 200W? Or is it better to make some kind of L-network instead? Maybe one
can use Inv L for 160m on 80m (no need for traps) as well with success
or...? Of course we are talking without use of amplifier.
How to measure lost in TUNER?

Samir, SM7VZX (7S7V)

I don't know the CG-3000 AT, but I use a maybe similar tuner RAN 5M2 (greek
made by SV1NL) with a T toploaded vertical 15m on the roof on 160, 80 ,40
etc. I use an amplifier 1.2 kw RAN RPA-1000B with no problem at all. The
antenna has a trap near the top and the resonance is on 1870 kHz.
I think that if your antenna is resonant on the band you can use the AT. On
80m maybe you will have a little problem if your antenna is L/2 on that
band, and maybe a trap 160/80 will be usefull. I think that the lost power
in tuner is small if the antenna is near resonance on the band you want.
73 de Panos Dalakos SV1GRD