Re: Topband: reversible Beverage v none reversible Beverage

To: "Neil Carr G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: reversible Beverage v none reversible Beverage
From: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 20:07:47 -0700
From: "Neil Carr G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 10:59 AM

>I have a east/west reversible Beverage, (reflection transforms etc) it
>works
> well East, but poor to the west, the definition of poor is that a phased
> end
> fire array of 2 EWEs separated by 38m always  out performs it to the west.
>
> What's the trade offs with a reversible Beverage, compare with a dedicated
> one in same direction? Any?
>
> Why doesn't it work quite as well the "other way"? Is this common, or do I
> have a problem?
>
> Have I something set up wrong (although the analyzer suggest its looking
> fine) or will the "other" direction always be  a compromise?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil G0JHC
Neil,

I suggest you change your single wire with two wires and make it a 2-wire
Beverage.  I have used them extensively in a multitude of various
invironments for the past 12 years.  They perform superbly in both
directions.  I have never been able to tell any difference in performance
between the forward and rearward directions.

Follow the directions given in ON4UN's books and you can't go wrong.

Milt, N5IA