Topband: 100W works !

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 100W works !
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:18:33 -0400
Last night within the span of about 15-20minutes I was playing around with
my new-to-me rig (FT-450at)
AT THE 100W LEVEL and worked:

ER4ER (first call in a small pileup!)
VP5/W7VV (2nd call, small pileup)
ES5QX and OZ8ABE (also first call, no pileups)

ER4ER must have ears made of gold.  I was only running 100w and gave him an
honest 559 report. Others were all 579-599 here.

For the past week I've been trying off an on just before bedtime to make
QSO's at the 100w level into EU without any success at all.

Very interesting prop!

Mike VE9AA FN66na

p.s.-if this keeps up I'll have to try running the Stew contest while mobile
! ! ! ;-)

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith
699 Rte 616 Keswick Ridge
NB