Re: Topband: Static build-up on non-grounded antennas

To: "Lars Harlin" <lars.harlin@one.se>, <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Static build-up on non-grounded antennas
From: Lennart Michaelsson <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:13:07 +0100

> With many T/R switching arrangements amplifier choke to ground is only
> connected to antenna during transmit, and only on the antenna that is
> used for transmit.

Yes, ofcourse! Was a bit fast in my thinking there...  So then the cure is
to add a choke across the RX antenna teminals!?

/SM3BDZ, Lars

Vertical TX antennas are excellent when it comes to reradiating signals and
that goes for local static as well. Local static can build on just about any
metal objetc like roofs, fences.
Much can be gained be detuning the TX antenna when receiving, not merely
reduced noise but improved F/B ratio on any directional RX antenna system.
73
Len
SM7BIC