Re: Topband: 160m dipole help wanted

To: "'TOPBAND'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m dipole help wanted
From: "W7TMT" <w7tmt@dayshaw.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:40:28 -0800
> Subject: Topband: 160m dipole help wanted

Snip...

> If anyone could advise me on the size and placement of the
> hearing from anyone in this regard. Thanks in advance!
>
> 73, Brad, N9EN

You might want to try K7MEM's great Web site. He has a variety of on-line
calculators available. Amongst them is a neat page that allows you to input
variables for the dipole and calculate the required inductance and
dimensions for each side of the antenna based on coil position. It also
includes several ways to generate the details on winding the coil itself
based on diameter, L/D ratio etc. There are also many other useful
calculators.

His page is: http://www.k7mem.com/

Look under Antennas on the left side and then "Short Dipole" for your
specific question.

73/Patrick
W7TMT