Topband: Messages Bounced?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Messages Bounced?
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:02:38 -0500
We're getting a number of folks who received the following message
when they attempted to post:

> You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
> been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
> being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
> topband-owner@contesting.com.

This is usually caused either by someone attempting to post who is not
a subscriber, or a subscriber who attempts to use a different address
than that they used when subscribing (e.g. w4zv@verizon.net instead of
w4zv@yahoo.com).  In either case the list software thinks you're a
spammer and will auto-reject your message.

As a reminder, we do have list guidelines which you received a copy of
when you subscribed.  This list is moderated and the guidelines are
enforced, so please try to follow them.  This is also not a chat room
or the place to announce things that could be put on Packet (e.g.
BY1PK is now on 1832 listening up 2).

73,  Bill  W4ZV

"Welcome to the topband mailing list! This list is intended for the
exchange of information on 160-related topics ONLY. Our goal is to
keep 160 information content high and noise low. Do not post general
topics like equipment wanted/for sale, work me in the contest, E-mail
addresses needed, etc. Occasional problem 160 QSL requests are OK but
use this reflector ONLY as a last resort after trying the usual
sources. Feel free to post 160-related questions, but request

DO NOT USE THIS REFLECTOR TO POST COMPLAINTS, PERSONAL CRITICISMS,
ATTACKS, ETC. VIOLATORS OF THIS POLICY WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY
WITHOUT NOTICE.

Be considerate of other subscribers who have bandwidth limitations and
edit posts for brevity (include ONLY relevant excerpts of previous
posts). NOTE: Top-posting previous messages is not allowed. When
responding to a specific individual, think carefully before copying to
the other 1700 of us on the reflector.

Minimize noise, minimize bandwidth, maximize 160 information, act like
gentlemen and enjoy!