Topband: Preamps

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Preamps
From: Jeff <jrnet@tconl.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:12:37 -0800
Hi,

I'm building my first RX loop for 80/160 on my city lot.

I know nothing about preamps, but have found ICE and KD9SV
on the web.  I was looking at the ICE 135B (80/160):

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/reconly.html

Is anyone using this or a similar one from ICE ?
Is there a limiter built in or do I need a separate one like
the ICE 196 ?

My TX antenna(shunt-fed tower) is about 40' away from the
proposed RX loop and I want to make sure I don't damage my transceiver(FT-920).

I have radials from the tower that will be in close proximity
to the RX loop.  Is this good or bad ?

Also, is there a maximum feed line distance to the shack?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but don't want to toss
out too many at once.

Thanks,

Jeff - NE0DX
(New Subscriber)