Re: Topband: Contest where was EU

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Contest where was EU
From: Henk Remijn PA5KT <pa5kt@remijn.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 18:07:02 +0100
Merv Schweigert schreef:
> To the others who kept calling over me when the DX did
> come back, may the fickle finger of fate corrode your
> paddle contacts. Get a receiver.  Or ears whichever us
> lacking.

I was at PI4Z, operated mostly 160 and 80. There are a lot of EU's with
big (wide) signals who make it impossible to work DX without a good rx
antenna. I called a lot of nice multipliers, they hear me on first call
but I dont hear them coming back, and have to wait till the big guns
stop sending their calls10 times.I like 160, even in contests, but from
my site it would be better if there were no EU's. :-)

Henk