Topband: MT report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: MT report
From: W7lr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 11:50:41 EST
A good topband season from MT, 58 openings and 281 qsos with Europe.   Some
new ones, EY8MM and state #48 for Neil G0JHC.  I have tried for IS0  and XV but
no joy.

Some of the good results are from propagation, but a rx array designed by
K7TJR has made a big difference.

On the medical side, it has been wonderful to receive all the good wishes,
cards, letters, messages from all over the world, following my detour through
the hospital for some heart work.  They put in some stents in a blocked
artery.  I went in on a Wednesday afternoon, walked the hallways Thursday,  and
went home Friday morning.  So missed only a bit of dx!

I guess like teenagers I figured that I was invincible.  My wife, Cobi  from
Holland, is a good cook, nurse and companion, and I think we have a
reasonable life style.  But now even less fat and more exercise and  sleep.
We are almost 88 and 92, and now enjoy more time by the fireplace for  dinner
and visiting.  Then it is time to head for the shack around 01z and  contact
old friends and keep the old bug going.   Soon time for zzz.

Thanks for all the support and good wishes.

73, Bob W7LR near Yellowstone Park, MT.