Topband: Receive Problem

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Receive Problem
From: Jim Murray <adkmurray@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:14:50 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to all who responded.  You guys don't miss a trick.  The arrangement is
the only thing I could do this Fall.  I have used it terminated and
unterminated due to it's arrangement.   Set it up mostly for the experience and
experimenting with the proper sized terminating resistor.   Oddly enough it was
working great terminated and worked my first 25 EU stations as it was.  I then
tried it unterminated and didn't see any big difference so left it terminated.
I should probably let it float.  It is such a vast improvement over the Inv.
L I'll take it for now.   Next year with the permission of an adjacent land
owner I hope to be able to put another up in a more favorable direction.
Regards,
Jim/k2hn