Topband: min megohm res = ok coax

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: min megohm res = ok coax
From: "Ed Hughes" <kg4w@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:54:18 -0500
Using 7/8 inch catv cable 1100' long to feed beverage system. Cable has been
in place abt 25yrs. Gonna go out today & clear both ends of the cable & take
res measurement (center cond to shield) with a good "fluke"
meter.

What would be considered a minimum "megohm" reading
for continued use on 160 ? I know I "will" be getting a reading on the meter
! Would be great to get no reading but don't think thats gonna happen.

Ed KG4W