Re: Topband: Mystery Signals on 160

To: "Thorvaldur Stefansson" <otradalur@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Mystery Signals on 160
From: "Thomas Damboldt" <Thomas.Damboldt@T-Online.de>
Date: 04 Jan 2009 16:14 GMT
Hello,

I still think these signals are Hyperfix or Hifix from the
Baltic Sea area. See (resp. listen):
http://www.alancordwell.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nav/hifix/hifixsystdesc.html

73
Thomas, DJ5DT

"Thorvaldur Stefansson" <otradalur@gmail.com> wrote:
hello Thomas,
I am hearing these mystery signals and wondering what they
are.   Would you take a look at my web site and listen to my
recording
and tell me if they are the same signals you are hearing?

I was informed that these signals originated from the Bering
Sea area, KH2L is not hearing them for example, but they are
strongest on
my Beverage towards JA.

http://www.tf4m.com/content/blogsection/0/9/

73
Thor, TF4M

"On the low end (1800 - 1820) of topband I can hear strange
signals transmitted as two beeps following each other
immediately, sounding like second beeps, but there are only
56
beeps in a minute. These signals are apparently transmitted
synchronuously on many frequencies, separated by about 822 Hz
with the maximum around 1812 kHz. They are only audible in
the
evening and at night, so probably real propagating HF signals
and not coming from the power line."

73
Thomas, DJ5DT