Re: Topband: description of flag pennant antenna ???

To: "Stein Roar Brobakken" <s-roabr@online.no>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: description of flag pennant antenna ???
From: "George \(K8GG\) & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:02:29 -0500
Rag  LA6FJA wrote:

Subject: Topband: description of flag pennant antenna

> I have found many description of flag pennant, I have got flag pennant
> boxes > from K1FZ Bruce.
>
> One said about 8 m long and  3m tall, and another 8 m long by 4,2 m tall.
> What is more accurate for 160/80??

> I have found some on DX zone which are:
> Height = 17 feet = 5.18 m tall
> Length= 28 feet = 8.53 m long

73 Rag  LA6FJA

Hello Rag & Fellow Topbanders.

The dimensions you found on DX zone should be OK and could be longer.  For
example,

I have successfully used pennants with 14 feet vertical dimension and 29
feet long/horizontal dimention.  The feed point with the transformer is in
the middle of the 14 foot vertical wire.
These dimensions will also work on 40 meters and maybe on 30 meters.

I have also modeled but not built larger pennants, 20 x 40 feet or 6 x 12
meters.  EZNEC 4 shows these dimensions will work on 40 meters but has front
to back problems on the 30 meter band.

73 & GL        George    K8GG