Re: Topband: 160 to NA

Subject: Re: Topband: 160 to NA
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:04:59 -1000
LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad wrote:
> I slept late this morning so worked just a few stns.
>
> Cannot help thinking, that if more stations would listen more carefully
> instead of CQ-ing endlessly, there would be more DX-qsos !
>
> 73 and have fun
>
> Rag LA5HE

Boy Amen to that Rag,  last nite and this morning were fantastic
conditions,
the band was wall to wall with EU stations,  but very few could hear KH7
calling,  not only me but the 2 or 3 other KH6 that were on.
The roar of local QRM must have been to much,  could have put Z 31 in
many many logs,  but no ears on the other end.
Apparently US stations are in the same fix,  there were untold US stations
calling cq with two and 3 DX stations copyable under them.
Holding the freq calling endless cq waiting for 599 signal to answer
sure makes
for a dull contest.
Merv KH7C