Re: Topband: contesting versus dx'ing

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: contesting versus dx'ing
From: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:26:21 -0500
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Craig Clark <jcclark@wildblue.net> wrote:

> With all due respect, contesting and dx'ing really do not mix........no
> matter how hard you try or rules that are changed.

While that's true, I got 6W/DL2RMC for #101 with 100W last night ;-)

I also set my SpotCollector software to 160m only, DX only, LoTW users only
and worked the few that showed up unconfirmed to get an easy QSL.

Last year in CQ160 I worked 6 new ones.

But at the same time there are S9 + 20dB stations that CQ in my face
constantly... like you say, it's a fact of contesting.

I did find that it seemed easier  to nab stations who were up in the 1875
-1900kHz range...

73
Dan