Topband: 160 contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 contest
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:00:09 -0500
I didn't go into the contest this weekend with hopes of making a real
run at winning, I had obligations that made that impossible. What I
did accomplish was:

Operate from the start of the contest through about 2:30PM my time.

I got up sat morning around 4:50 and worked till around 8AM.

Mid-day Sat I ran through the band once.

I was on again around 5PM to catch gray line & worked again till
around 2AM.

I woke around 5AM and worked for about 90 minutes.

Around 11AM my time scanned the band one time to work any new ones.

And that was the extent of my operation.

This resulted in:

289 QSOs
42 states (still need WY for WAS 160)
7 VE provinces
51 DXCC countries
total

FWIW, I was hoping to hear any asia or pacific in the early AM but I
heard absolutely none at my QTH. I think there's a West coast filter
at the end of my K9AY and anything further than California or North
past Canada, doesn't make it to my receiver.

Wonderful conditions!

Gary
KA1J