Topband: W7FG Silent Key

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: W7FG Silent Key
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:17:47 -0500
        I'm sure many will be as shocked as I was to learn of Gary's
death.  Gary was quite active on Topband in the 80s and 90s.  The
following is from his daughter:

"I am Gary Gompf's Daughter, Jennifer. I just wanted to thank everyone
for remembering him. I know he knew so many fellow ham's I am going to
attempt to get a web page up for people to reflect, plus It will be a
good thing for me to do and keep busy."

A blog in Gary's memory is at the address below and you can add your
own thoughts in the box following others' comments.

73 Jennifer and RIP Gary,

Bill  W4ZV