Re: Topband: QSL AND BROADBAND

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QSL AND BROADBAND
From: w2pm@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:12:17 -0500
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 5:11 pm

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:21:08 -0500, CRAIG CLARK wrote:

>"PS I?m not going to join Lotw. My qth is in a rural area and the
telecom
>has not yet succeeded in broadbanding that area (the US guys might
reflect
>on this matter - the rest of the world is not USA)

LOTW works on low speed (dial-up) circuits, and I believe it also works
on
files exchanged by surface mail (for example, a CD or floppy). I use
FREE
logging software called DXKeeper. It will talk to LOTW directly if
you're ...
 etc ...

W2PM Replies:

You can email your files to LOTW without any highspeed or BB
connection.  And as Jim says
in his message some LOTW logging programs do a simple upload and
download interface for you
which also doesn't require BB. You see the result on your logger
program instead of the online
LOTW site.  If you only have dial-up Im not sure how that would work
with the loggers but emailing
the files of course does.  Not sure if they can email you back a file
of confirmed contacts however
but they do email back a status of that last upload you sent.