Topband: WOW! conditions this AM

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: WOW! conditions this AM
From: N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 06:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
VK9GMW was 15 over 9 about 30 min before sunrise on 160 and blasting in at 25
over on 80 a few minutes later  Very quiet band and no QSB
He came right back to my 2W QRP call and said I was genuine S9 on both bands
A lot of stations were calling him but few getting through
I guess that they were hearing him on low dipoles and such and just did not
have a low enough angle of radiation necessary to get back to him.
There was a really strong opening to central asia on 20M last night around
0200Z I wonder if there is some connectrion
I notice that the auroral oval has shrunk to almost non existance in the last
36 hours, the smallest I have ever seen it on the display at
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/pmap/AnimateN.html this may be involved