Topband: MFJ-259B 'repair'

To: <topband@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: MFJ-259B 'repair'
From: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:29:33 -0600
I am planning to recalibrate and, if needed, repair my MFJ-259B. It may be
that it has one or more bad bridge diodes.

1. Has anyone on this list recalibrated a unit of this type and, if so,
would you accept email questions directly about what to be careful about as
the work proceeds?

2. Has anyone on this list replaced the HSMS2820 surface mount RF Schottky
barrier diodes in the MFJ-259B? If so, would you allow me to ask direct
questions of you via email about the process?

3. Does anyone have these diodes 'on hand' and would be willing to sell a
few?

Tod, K0TO
tod@k0to.us