Topband: Propagation tests and Remote "S meter" for Top Band transmissio

To: "160m DX Operators" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Propagation tests and Remote "S meter" for Top Band transmissions
From: <mac@py2cw.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 17:24:37 -0300
You will be able to "see" yours Signals here at 22° 48' South 47° 2' West, Grid
Square GG67le (South America)

The setup will listen scheduled (*) QRG´s starting May 16, 00:00 UTC and
required info will be available at www.py2cw.net  .

Some additional info will be available also http://www.qrz.com/py2cw

In few days i will post the schedule of operation of the automatic remote "S
meter" for top band transmissions.

I could also turn on the setup at non scheduled QTR, under request, always when
possible.

You could transmit CW dashes under variable power levels and would see the
computer processed image of received audio in your computer screen. You could
compare TX antennas, etc.

Under request to mac@py2cw.net i could relay your audio to a website (windows
media player compatible). With the DSP software to be used, the useful
information is in the computer screen and normally we just hear band noise in
the receiver.

Our objectives are monitor propagation trying to correlate it with several
factors and also show your DX signal strenght.

(*) I would like to receive suggestions on the QRG(s) to be used.