Re: Topband: [Dx-qsl] Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: [Dx-qsl] Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs
From: "Gerry Hohn" <telwest@telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:19:31 -0600
  From: Raoul Coetzee
  Cc: topband@contesting.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:50 AM

  Merv replied :

  Hi Merv,
  If I remember correctly, in the late 70s or early 80s there was a Amateur in

  the #1 spot
  on the 160 meter DXCC. None of the regular 160 operaters had ever heard him
  on the band.
  Perhaps Bill W4ZV or Jon AA1K might know a bit more about this.
  Sad what some people will do.
  73 to You and Mary..............Price

  I am very happy that the ARRL  check and cross check cards/qsos for 160m, as
  160m is special, and it should be special and darn, most of us spend night
  after night getting our ears smashed, spending many hours improving whatever
  we can, and some fool without "160m emotion" get a Q on the web, not for me.
  ARRL, keep up the 160m checking!
  73 Raoul, ZS1REC

  My only comment as a Top Bander and DXCC field checker would be the quality
of HO checking of 160 cards. If it's Bill or other experienced folks, great.

  Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
  DXCC Field Checker-Southern Alberta
  VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
  (403) 251-0384