Topband: One acre arrays

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: One acre arrays
From: kr7o@vhfdx.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:55:04 -0700
I have approximately one acre free in the back yard and was considering a
triangle array.  The area is 200' square.  At the closest points to the
property line the back two verticals would only be ~1/16wl long, but
most  of the radials would be approaching or exceeding 1/8wl as they fan
out.  Would I be better off going with a 2el array with longer radials
given an equal number of radials (say 60)?  What if the radials were
doubled on the triangle array?    I have a Bobcat coming this weekend or
next to drill a bunch of holes and would like to drill for the bases for an
array at the same time if possible.

Hopefully, someone has modeled or tried this already.

Thanks,

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
kr7o@vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)