Re: Topband: Receive antenna switching

To: "Doug Grant" <dougk1dg@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Receive antenna switching
From: "G4GED Dave" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:05:02 -0000
From: "Doug Grant" <dougk1dg@gmail.com>

> The warnings about critter damage causing water ingress, dc leakage &
> subsequent RFI apply to these techniques and any other dc control cables
> running around outside...protect your coax and control lines with
> something
> (cheap garden hose or PVC electrical conduit, which is only about 8 cents
> foot), and use RF chokes liberally.

Regarding Doug's advice about running cables inside some form of conduit.
My worry with this is the strong possibility (with the wet UKs weather at
least!), of the conduit becoming permanently flooded with rainwater by
ingress at the entry/exit points or joints/cracks etc.
That wouldn't seem very desirable on the face of it. But is it really a
potential problem and if so what are the Group's thoughts on preventative
measures please?
Thanks
Dave