Re: Topband: Best direction for a RX antennas orientation from York, SC

Subject: Re: Topband: Best direction for a RX antennas orientation from York, SC
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 18:30:36 -0400
G'day Dennis:

I have found VE3NEA's DX Atlas (http://www.dxatlas.com/) the best mapping
program for
antenna planning, everyday operating use, and contesting. Not free, but well
worth the
one-time $30 registration fee! It's shareware, and you can try it before you
choose to
spend any money.

It will do what you want it to do by showing the bearing to any point
interactively while
moving the cursor around a map of the World, In addition to providing an
azimuthal view,
it will also provide a Globe view and a Rectangular view, showing the signal
path in each.
Very handy!

I replaced my multiple, coveted, very-worn copies of DX Edge to use DX Atlas
for greyline
map as well.

73,  Jeff   K8ND