Re: Topband: k9ay loop

To: "Rick Ruhl" <ricker@cssincorp.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: k9ay loop
From: "John Rogers" <johnr1g3pqa@onetel.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:23:22 +0100
To: "'John Rogers'" <johnr1g3pqa@onetel.com>; <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 4:23 PM

John I have this kit.. where are the errors documented at and what extra
components do you need?

My pcb is dated 9/9/06 bought at Dayton this year. The errors are very minor. Fred KF9GX of Far Circuits is aware and may very well have corrected later boards.

1. The 4.7uH inductor used as part of the preamp input filter is marked 4.7uF on the board.

2. The pcb was tracked between the 2N3866 collector and T1 centre tap. Easily corrected with small knife.

Re. the components, I needed the relays, all inductors except 2N3866 output matching xfmr, power supply, boxes and switches. I think Fred is selling the complete kits now less, cabinet, power transformer, and selector switch, see his website. In any case, as Craig AC0DS says, you may not need the preamp.. It sounds as if Craig has made an excellent job of his kit including improved switching design.

73 John G3PQA

05:51:00