Topband: FT5GA....

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FT5GA....
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 13:55:30 +1000
Hi all,FT5GA was a 589-599 signal to my location before sunrise this
morning..He was calling on 1823.5 listening "up "....After pressing the
duel vfo button and calling him a few times on his frequency I finally
settled down and pressed the split button 1824.5...After 3 or 4 calls he
finally answered me at 20:40z just a few minutes past my local
sunrise...We exchanged reports and I quickly made out a QSL card etc...I
must have caught him fairly early into in his 160 operation as there
were no DX stations calling, only another VK station...

His signal is quite strong here comparable to other recent DX operations
from that area so I am sure that he will get plenty of traffic..His
signal was still 579, 30 minutes past my sunrise

Watching the cluster and the ON4KST telnet I see that the prop may not
have been as good as hoped..Also there seems some confusion regarding
the operators QSX frequency....I hope this is sorted out for everyones
sake quickly...

Best of luck to you all..Good hunting....

73....Bob..VK3ZL...