Re: Topband: MFJ 259B on 160M

To: Art <k6xt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: MFJ 259B on 160M
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:20:40 -0400
Another approach to interference off band uses a different analyzer, with a
BC rejection band pass filter in line.

The AIM4170 will allow you to run a "calibration" through the BC filter to a
50 ohm reference and save the scan data as a custom calibration.  Using that
calibration allows it to see "through" the filter, presenting a scan without
filter distortions.

The AIM4170 works with a laptop which does all the number crunching using a
program supplied with the unit, making the combo a "software defined"
process.

The various kinds of units all have their particular useful circumstances.

73, Guy.