Topband: KH6 to EU past sunrise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: KH6 to EU past sunrise
From: "Wolf Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 12:20:24 +0200
Dear reflectees !

The mag-field was very quiet last nite and cndx to westcoast were great. I
made an interesting contact with KH6AT-Bruce on 160m. My sun was up for
about 15 min then and he was very solid copy in EU. I guess we pass up on
many good contacts, because we usually pull the big switch shortly past
sunrise, in firm belief that the band has folded up for us. Of course this
path is not open often and it will be tough to repeat it frequently for
collecting further experience. Remi -FK8CP has indicated the same being true
for the path to EU for him. May have to do with distance a lot.

Good Dxing everyone in new season :-)   wolf   df2py