Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 82, Issue 37 K4M on 160m

To: "'G3LZQ John'" <johndunnington@johndunnington.karoo.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 82, Issue 37 K4M on 160m
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:45:23 -0400
> The argument follows that knowing (having worked one
> station) that they have a Western European opening they
> ignored it and carried on USA USA.

As pointed out previously, the same can be said of FT5GA
who compounded the problem by going QRT during times of
best propagation to North and South America.  On the other
hand, operations like K7C, K5D, etc. made many North
American amateurs angry by spending hours on end of "prime
time" for North America (US evening hours between 0100 and
0700 Z or even later) working only EU. I could only wish
that European groups who activate islands in the Indian
Ocean would give North and South America the level of
special attention that K7C and K5D gave to Europe.

The difference is in operator training and the desire
for maximum number of QSOs.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV