Re: Topband: K4M 160m

To: k5na@ecpi.com,Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K4M 160m
From: Missouri Guy <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:26:05 +0000
> I tried really, really hard to work FT5XO on both 80M and 160M and
> never got a QSO on either band. We just didn't have good enough
> propagation from Central Texas.
>
> Plus that DXpedition was a micro-lite DXpedition without amplifiers
>
> and they never had enough signal here to make them workable.

Group...
Heh..heh...Oh yes we DID have an amplifier on 80 & 160m!!  :O)
We Low Band operators insisted on it!!  We also had an efficient antenna
at the edge of a saltwater bay and did our best to work everyone
we could hear.

FWIW...RE freq's on another post...planning frequencies in advance like
up 2 for one region and down 2 for another sounds great until
one actually arrives at a location then finds that the band, say up 2,
is loaded with QRM from fishing buoys.  Such were the condx on
"Kergie".

Charlie, N0TT
FT5XO Op.