Re: Topband: DXE Receive 4-Square (DXE RFS-TS2P)

To: <k2xx@swva.net>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DXE Receive 4-Square (DXE RFS-TS2P)
From: Howard K2HK <k2hk@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:05:12 +0000

From: k2xx@swva.net

Subject: Topband: DXE Receive 4-Square (DXE RFS-TS2P)

I have a an opportunity to get a DXE Receive 4-Square (DXE RFS-TS2P) at
a reasonable price. I understand in reading the manual that it uses
8.5' whips for the verticals. Has anyone on this list used these
antennas? If so, can you comment on their performance and if they're
worth the money?

Thanks for your input.

73, Joe
K2XX

From: k2hk@arrl.net
Joe,
If the price is reasonable enough that is a good starting point. I have one and
think in its original configuration it has deficiencies. Although it works I
believe it can be improved. Check K7TJR's website and other sources. I plan to
increase the whips to 20 feet and make some other mods. There should be others
weighing in on this.

73,
Howard..K2HK

E-Mail Cleaned by http://mailcleaner.regedanzter.com