Topband: Okay guys-----here's the full scoop

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Okay guys-----here's the full scoop
From: "Dennis Peterson" <dennisissure@comporium.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:32:08 -0400
Tree has said that we should change the topic that it's getting rather old; but
I can't help but insert this contest.

When I lived in Auburn, WA and was N7CKD and I was publishing the West Coast
160 meter Bulletin; several others and I wanted to find out just what would
happen if a contest on CW took place in the summer rather than the winter.

You talk about getting upset and furious about such a scheme; MANY and I do
MEAN MANY wer upset because they claimed it wasn't fair as they couldn't hear
anything due to the summer time QRM/QRN and NOISE..............

GUESS WHAT-----THE PLAYING FIELD WAS EQUAL AND IT WAS THE SAME FOR
EVERYONE................  You want a contact ----you work harder at getting
it.............................

There's an old saying and it goes right along with contests of any nature be it
amateur radio, singing, beauty pagents or whatever.............."If you can't
stand the heat----don't go near the fire"!

Contests, sweepstakes, who cares operate and enjoy for the mere fact of mnaking
a good solid QSO CONTACT and possibly a new country

Whgy are we so interested in knowing "WHO'WS NUMBER ONE"  WHO CARES?

imho

Dennis   K0CKD

Dennis G. Peterson
326 East Jefferson Street
Apt 2
York, SC  29745
803-389-9366

Read my story below by clicking the URL:

http://www.yananow.net/Mentors/DennisD.htm