Topband: Regional Results in 160 Contests

To: "Top Band Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Regional Results in 160 Contests
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:03:57 -0800
There have been several posts on regional efforts in 160 contests, scoring
inequities, etc.  While scoring is never going to be a path to the mythical
Elysian Level Playing Field, you certainly can recognize competitive results
away from the geographically-favored areas.  I have to point out, though, that
the results authors have a limited amount of energy to devote to contest
results.  Further, they simply don't know all the players, particularly
regionally.  Recognizing those efforts is going to have come from the regional
participants.  For example, I've been relatively successful in getting a group
of regional authors to write up the ARRL Phone DX results from the perspective
of every Division and continent.  This is probably beyond the time available
for most of the ARRL authors, but there is no reason why a sidebar on your
region couldn't be added to the Web version of the writeup.  If you would
consider writing a review of the results from your locale, please contact t
 he author of the contest results and I'm sure something can be worked out.

73, Ward N0AX
ARRL Contributing Editor