Topband: My Top Loaded Vertical

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: My Top Loaded Vertical
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:49:18 +1100
Hi all, I am just constructing a new top loading system for my 160 meter
vertical...The support mast is 36 feet of 13 inch a side triangular mast
with a 10 foot extention to the loading coil a 70uh edge wound inductor
and a 12 foot diameter spoked capacitance hat making the structure 50
feet high....Would adding a further 10 foot extention above the
capacitance hat add to the hat influence overall or would the top hat
shield the extra length....The spoked hat has a stainless steel woven
cable around the perimeter...The vertical is sitting on an insulator
with a coil at the base to resonate the antenna and match it to the LDF
4/50 heliax and has 40 150 foot radials....

Bob..VK3ZL...