Re: Topband: overposting

Subject: Re: Topband: overposting
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:22:03 -0800
On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 12:07:55PM -0600, David Raymond wrote:

> With due respect, I guess I have never understood the logic of "bottom
> posting" (and perhaps I'm missing something).  The entire business and email
> world overpost (and for good reason). . . no one wants to have to
> continually sort down through a litany of old messages just to find the most
> recent message.

I think it is important for people to realize that not everyone reads topband
postings the same as everyone else.

(hold on - I have to delete the rest of this message which includes all of the
stuff that led up to Dave's comment - there - done).

If a message is short enough - it really doesn't matter.  For those who get
the list in digest form - having a TON of included text realy makes reading the
reflector hard.

An option some people might want to consider is just looking at posts on the
web.  If you go to www.contesting.com/_topband, you can look over the ones
that look interesting.

Tree