Topband: 160M inverted L, 1/4 wave vs 3/8 wave?

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160M inverted L, 1/4 wave vs 3/8 wave?
From: Ross Primrose <n4rp@aiko.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 06:24:05 +0000
I'd like some input on whether the 3/8 wave inverted L or 1/4 wave
inverted L is likely to be a better low takeoff angle antenna. In either
case, the antenna is going to be about 70' tall, with the remainder
basically horizontal. They'd be fed over 56 75' radials. I'm not
concerned about loosing the higher angle radiation I expect I'd gain
with the 3/8 wave, if I want to warm clouds, I've got a 160m loop got
that ;-)

Thoughts?

73, Ross N4RP

--
FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum
transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”