Topband: Revised URL + comment on "Noise"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Revised URL + comment on "Noise"
From: "Tod - ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:14:07 -0700
The URL in the previous message on this topic somehow ended up with the "f"
of "pdf" not included. That meant persons clicking on the URL would be sent
to a "404" error page. Sorry, I thought I had checked out the message before
I sent it.

I also placed the article on my web site because I thought it was 'out of
print' and 'off the web'. I have since found that the article is available
at the following familiar site:

http://www.mods.dk/mod/kenwood/ts-950_gate1b.pdf

I will let them worry about copyright issues and simply direct people to
that site.

There are two other papers that refer to this circuit  --- both are written
by LOWFER's.

The first, by KA7OEI, can be found on his web site. He has a somewhat more
elaborate circuit with much more discussion about building it  and includes
some scope pictures of things. The URL is =>  www.ka7oei.com/syn_blank.html

The second is  chapter six of the series of papers written by Sheldon
Remington discussing the matter of listening for NDB's [non-directional
beacons]

The series of papers can be found at  =>
http://frodo.ce-service.biz/ka2qpg/kh6sr/chapter1.htm

If you want the various chapters just change the '1' in the URL above to the
chapter number you want.

The chapter that deals with the synchronous blankers is

 http://frodo.ce-service.biz/ka2qpg/kh6sr/chapter6.htm

The best solution remains the elimination of the noise at its source but
that can be something that has a long lead time before success and perhaps
this circuit will be useful while waiting for noise elimination.

Tod, K0TO