Topband: Different Power Line noise thread

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Different Power Line noise thread
From: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:43:07 -0600
I know about the rain vs dry effect on powerline noise(s)
but I am lost to explain a noise that I have
every time the temps got above 92 degrees or so in the summer.

And after our first overnight 25 degree freeze of this winter,
the next day when the temp went up to over 80
(it's WTX what can I say)
the noise came back with a vengeance and made any hf operations impossible
until the next day when the temps were back to seasonal normals. 40s-60s

Any clues what I might need to look for?

(no it's not in my house!)
when I tried to look with the 3 ele MFJ noise tracer
it seemed to come from every direction it was so strong
--
GB & 73
K5OAI