Topband: Tee versus L versus Straight radials

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Tee versus L versus Straight radials
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:54:45 EST
Gang,

I am yet another guy with a radial problem, not a lot of space and various
impediments in different directions.  I do, however, have a nice wooden
fence around that is conducive to tacking down some T or L shaped  radials in
several directions.  My question is whether it is better to have  a lot of
shorter (30' to 60') radials or run fewer of them that are electrically
longer in a Tee or L configuration along the fenceline.  I  tried six temporary
T radials last season and they seemed to play rather  well, but then
conditions last year were much better than this year.

Paul, K5AF

160 meters is a serious band, it should be treated with respect. -  TF4M