Topband: Burying radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Burying radials
From: "Mike Bragassa" <bragassa@consolidated.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:23:23 -0600
My near neighbor tried the on-top-of-the-ground method and it did not work
well at. Years later you could still very visibly see the radials.
I think the success depends, in part, on the type of grass you have. Of
course, I am talking about yard-grass and not pasture. Here,  we have San
Augustine yard grass that grows into the ground (as normal) but also grows
(mostly)  on top horizontal. It can go above the radial wire (nice) but it
is just as apt to grow under the radial. Snakey stuff!

I use a gasoline edger with 2-3 blades. Makes it easier to be a bit wider
than one blade allows.

I wish I had known about the G3OFW method of an " S" shaped tube... Tamping
the wire into the trench is back-breaking! ( I tamp the sides of the trench
every six or so inches to hold the copper wire in the trench.)

73, de Mike, K5UO