Topband: Top Band - 160 m propagation

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Top Band - 160 m propagation
From: "w8uvz" <w8uvz@voyager.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:22:14 -0500
    Regarding the second part of Phil's point:

 This, couples with a rapidly increasing A
index is a good time to be QRV on 160.

I agree that this has been the case in my several years on the band.

And I agree with Carl that other correlations seem to weak in predicting
good long haul conditions on the band.

In most instances, `ya gotta be there' to catch the unusual path openings.

Today was a case in point to the final statement (ya gotta be there).  At
11Z, the band seemed dead.  But then a few JA began to poke thru around 12Z.
By the time my SR rolled around, BU2AQ was been heard into the Midwest.  A
first for this season that I am aware (in my area).

73  George  W8UVZ