Topband: Fwd: Europrean SDR on 160M

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fwd: Europrean SDR on 160M
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:47:57 -0500
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Jacques RAMBAUD <f6bki@orange.fr> wrote:

> Bill , Thank you for your answer , agree that cheating has been on since ever
> but I consider that the use of SDR radio as described by VO1HP is the
> ultimate way of cheating .
> Regarding rule 9, does it means that in the US, a station located in
> California can have a remote site in New York same DXCC ?

        Under the present DXCC Rule 9 this is legal...as it would be
for a station in UA0 (far Western z19) using a remote in UA9 (far
Eastern z17).  DXCC once had the restriction that all contacts must be
made within ~150 miles (uncertain of that exact distance) in the same
country, but Rule 9 was added over 30 years ago which allowed contacts
to count anywhere within entity boundaries.  That rule change was
probably responsible for my renewed interest in DX-ing.  I made DXCC
Honor Roll while still a teen-ager in NC in 1964, but then became QRL
with college, work and family and moved >1700 miles West to Colorado
in 1966.  I had no interest in "starting over" my DXCC until the rule
was changed in 1977.

                                          73,  Bill  W4ZV
"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX