Re: Topband: 450 ohm ladder line

To: Daniel Glanc <ok1dig@seznam.cz>
Subject: Re: Topband: 450 ohm ladder line
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:38:12 -0400

Daniel Glanc wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> is there anybody who can give me a hint
>
> for a reliable EU supplier of the 450 Ohm ladder line ?
>

> Daniel,

If  you need ladder line to construct a two wire Beverage remember
regular 300 ohm TV twin lead works well and probably costs much less.
Even the military telephone wire or regular telephone drop wire will
work well  and should be available in Europe for next to nothing since
so many places are running fiber there direct to houses.  There is a
lower impedance with telephone wire but that can easily be adjusted by
using a different ratio of turns in the feed and end units. KD9SV sells
special units for telephone wire and I use several here.

GL and HNY

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX