Re: Topband: European SDR on 160 meters

To: "Robert Briggs" <vk3zl@bigpond.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: European SDR on 160 meters
From: "John" <shore1@xplornet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 07:08:46 -0800
I totaly agree, this is cheating plain and simple.... the same as one
claiming a qso/qsl using the internet on something like CQ100... (I have
heard someone actually trying this) and using an SDR is the same to me....it
is over the INTERNET and not ham radio as it is traditionally.... therefore
should not be counted or allowed to be claimed PERIOD. I have a very modest
100w single sloper 160m station and work very hard for every scrap thrown my
way.... and this to me is a waste of time, dishonest and a total
disgrace....If I find someone has used an SDR to contact me, I WILL NOT
issue a QSL CARD, because to me this is not a TRUE contact, (there has been
one claim already using an SDR)...... cheaters never
prosper......(IMHO).....

best dx and 73 to all
Happy New Year
de John