Topband: Quo Vadis with SDR? The END

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Quo Vadis with SDR? The END
From: "Luis Mansutti IV3PRK" <luisprk@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:16:57 +0100
Topbanders,

Jarda, OK1RD wrote:

> PS: As having nothing to call on the TopBand, I could offer my 8 to10
> Beverages ( 400m long each ) for project of the new WebSDR radio. My idea
> is
> to set up there about 8 or 10 SDRs for each Beverages direction on my
> remote
> QTH,  and offer site, electricity and installment plus maintenance of the
> system. This HAM public system would be nice for long DX testing all on my
> remote QTH site ver the world.

So, instead of trying to improve our RX antennas within our own constraints,
we "normal Topband Amateurs" could subscribe a business agreement with
Mister Jarda ( who has invested several hundred thousand of USD!) and, with
a good internet connection, everything is done.

Is that the future of Topband DXing?
IMHO it was much better before clusters and internet chats, when we had to
listen on the radio only and to find the DX by ourselves.

Happy New Year and still enjoy the thrill of 160 m. DXing!

73
Luis IV3PRK

> "160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX

Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 8.5.431 / Database dei virus: 270.14.124/2596 -  Data di rilascio:
01/01/10 09:20:00

"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX