Topband: Antenna Balun Calculation Question

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna Balun Calculation Question
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 23:14:30 +0000
I have decided to put up a Pennant Antenna for 160. It seems simple
enough until I got to the Balun. If I use an FT-140-43 core and do
the math myself I get a 4t primary and an 18t secondary.
Reading an article in QST on the subject I find it calls for a 8t primary
and a 34t secondary (and yes, for the same core).

I would e-mail the author, but I would find the conversation a trifle
one-sided.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK