Topband: Loud clicks

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Loud clicks
From: "Bob Kile (W7RH)" <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 20:23:52 -0800
I will agree that there was a significant increase in key clicks and other
spurious noises in recent contests even with a few who were quote" running low
power". There have been many fine suggestions in how to fix and verify proper
operation.

To those who may not technically inclined, I might suggest the K1EL Winkey
USB, which has two optically coupled outputs with separate PTT lines for
linear amps or Rx muting etc. Great for SO2R operation, works with many of the
popular contest programs. It is also fully programmable with adjustable hang
time and delay. I might add it is superb for remote operation in that all
characters are fully buffered.

I'm not affiliated with any of the K1EA products.....

Bob Kile, W7RH
DM35OS
Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, No Gates,
Apache in charge.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK