Re: Topband: WW Lightning activity Web site?

Subject: Re: Topband: WW Lightning activity Web site?
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:34:54 -0500
> I'm looking for the web site that shows worldwide
> thunderstorm activity. I found these sites...
>
> http://thunderstorm.vaisala.com/explorer.html
> http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Severe/Lightning.aspx
>>
>... but they only show lightning strikes in the US.

Mike:

I don't have a Worldwide mapping, but here are a few
lightning/weather sites for other areas of the World.

EU/Africa:

http://webflash.ess.washington.edu/WWLLN_movies/Movie_of_Lightning_in_EurAfrica_BIG.gif

Europe: (Down for 2 years but useful before that):
  http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/sfanim.html

Europe WX Radar:
  http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/radar/euroeuro.htm

Australia WX Satellite
  http://www.bom.gov.au/gms/IDE00005.latest.shtml

Netherlands Antilles/Northern South America WX Radar:
  http://www.weather.an/sat_img/radar.asp#

I've gathered some useful weather links and propagation
links on a web page that I use when I'm traveling.

http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/Planning/Propagation.htm

73,  Jeff  K8ND

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK