Topband: TX3D Feedback

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: TX3D Feedback
From: Ed Richardson <ed_richardson@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:56:22 -0600
After seeing several encouraging posts yesterday, I wanted to see if my minimal
station might be able to copy TX3D on topband. At 1245z this morning tuned the
radio to 1831 and there was a strong CW signal. At first I thought it was a
strong domestic station but soon found it was TX3D working split on 1823. Set
the split and he came back right away to my call. He was a true 589 with very
little QSB.

My station consists only of a Delta DX-A antenna (1/4 wave sloper) with a peak
at 48 feet sloping down at about 45 degrees and 100 watts of power.

Great ears and very good operators. Hope to repeat the call during the CQ160
test this weekend.

City dwellers with small lots, and small antennas can work DX on Topband!

Ed, VE4EAR

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK